You may create multiple Findings & Impressions sections with the Interpretation Builder on the same report; the new interpretation will simply overwrite the old.
- Open the Image Interpretation Builder
- All of your previous choices will be gone
- (Except on the TECHNICAL QUALITY tab – those choices will still be there, but can be overridden if you like.)
- Pick new choices & click the Create Report button
- The old Findings & Impression Sections will be overwritten with what you’ve just created.
- All of your previous choices will be gone
You can do this as many times as you like to experiment with The NucReporter.
Open Your First Report
If you’ve just created your first report, open that report and create a new, abnormal findings impression.
On your desktop, you should have a report named “DOE, JOHN A 01_25_2020 NucReporter Quick-Start Demo.docm“. Double click it to open it in Word.
Open the Interpretation Builder
First, click the “Report Automation” tab at the top of Word:
Now we’ll create an abnormal report, something that will match our fictional patient’s stress test results.
We’ll also get our first look at how the error-checking & corrective messaging works.
At this point, having opened the Interpretation Builder, you should be looking at the TECHNICAL QUALITY tab, containing your previously chosen values.
Here’s the TECHNICAL QUALITY tab, with 2 rules of thumb for using the Interpretation Builder:
2 Rules of Thumb
Rule of Thumb #1
- You must make entries into all dropdown field with red labels
- Sometimes because they are IAC required
- Sometimes because they are required to complete a description, say of a perfusion defect.
- Fields with black labels are optional
Rule of Thumb #2
- There are 2 main kinds of reports you can create:
- Quick-normal reports
- Abnormal reports
- Your must use either the QUICK-NORMAL REPORT tab or both the PERFUSION tab and the WALL MOTION tab – you cannot make choices on the QUICK-NORMAL tab and make choices on the PERFUSION and WALL MOTION tab.
- The QUICK-NORMAL report tab is only for totally normal studies with a post-stress EF% (not a resting EF% also).
- Use the PERFUSION + WALL MOTION tabs if:
- There is a perfusion or wall motion or overall LV systolic function abnormality
- It’s a normal study, but you want to report both resting & post-stress EF%s.
The TECHNICAL QUALITY tab is used for all reports.
You can use the OVERALL / IMPRESSION tab when making quick-normal or abnormal studies.
Create an Abnormal Interpretation
Let’s say our John Doe has an old infarct and some new ishcemia. How would we create that report?
We’ll start with the PERFUSION TAB. Click the PERFUSION tab to open it.
Choose an LV Comment, choose “Abnormal: Regional Defects” for the Perfusion Pattern & click the first “ADD PERFUSION DEFECT” button.
- Note that size, severity, reversiblity and segments are now labeled in red, because you must fully describe all defects.
- (You don’t have to choose six segments though, you can choose up to six, but just one will do)
Fully describe the first defect.
Then click the second ADD PERFUSION DEFECT button and fully describe that defect.
In keeping with new ischemia and an old infarct, here’s one possibility of what we could choose:
Great- now click the WALL MOTION tab & we’ll take care of that.
WALL MOTION tab
Here we will describe an inferior motion defect to go with the infarct.
- Was a Gated Study acquired?
- Defaults to “yes”
- NORMAL or ABNORMAL LV Function
- Choose “Abnormal wall motion, thickening, or overall LV function.
- 1st ADD FUNCTIONAL DEFECT button
- Click this
Here’s what you’ll see:
Notice that the EF% & Overall LV systolic sections are outlined in red, because they are required.
Describe the inferior defect, choose a post-stress EF% and let the program automatically characterize overall LV systolic function according the EF%.
Make the following choices:
OVERALL / IMPRESSION tab
There are many things you can do on this tab, but for now let’s just compare the study to the patient’s previous study.
Earlier, we said this patient had an old infarct.
So make choices similar to the image below & click “Create Report”.
Your first interpretation section (Findings & Impression) should be overwritten.
- You won’t see the electronic signature
- That requires a little extra setup which we will take care of when you purchase.
Look over your report & make any changes you’d like by placing your cursor where you like & typing in anything you like – remember, at this point your report is just a Word document with all the flexibility of any document.
Finalize Your Report
Now, click the Finalize Report button to save it one last time & create a PDF version.
Now go back to your desktop on double click on the PDF called “DOE, JOHN A 01_25_2020 NucReporter Quick-Start Demo.PDF“
It should look something like the image below.
(The image below has the signature image, yours will not.)